Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

As the nation celebrates their independence from the British rule, I ask where is our individual independence? Well Ladies and Gents I have recently found mine. As of last week my freelance contract with a huge technology corporation expired. As I told friends, family and colleagues about my upcoming unemployed status I was met with the usual "oh my god, what are you going to do?" face. What was most puzzling to those concerned was my response, which was "Don't cry for me Argentina", Yes, I got all Evita Peron on my peeps. However, what I was trying to say was I am ALRIGHT!!! No really I'm ALRIGHT and I'm INDEPENDENT.

Being released from my contract was exhilarating to say the least! Most would think I'm suffering from a delusional bohemian syndrome, but I'm not. Actually I was suffering through a stressful, 9-5, micro managing, checking into the Quarry situation. Every Monday I damm near wanted to cry and every Friday I was happier than a fat kid who loves cake :). As I reviewed my situation a sense of excitement overwhelmed me. I can now take the time to focus wholeheartedly on my business and focus on the following:

Instead of marketing myself for that next interview, how about I market my business for that next deal.
Instead of creating a product for someone else, how about I focus on creating products for my company.
Instead of strategizing for someone else, how about I strategize my own business needs.
Instead of revamping someone else's website, how about I revamp my own.

This free time has given me a sense of independence in which I can focus and execute my dream. There's no job holding me back; the only thing that can hold me back is ME and right now I have so much excitement in me that I doubt that's going to happen :). Now folks please don't think I'm saying it's all good to be laid off but what I am saying is be useful with your time. While searching for that guaranteed income still focus on what's dear to you. Heck, you never know guaranteed income could be staring right at you, all you need to do is stare back and give it some attention.

Wishing You Prosperity,
QC Hustle

No comments:

Post a Comment